2017 Piper's Weekend Brochure
(in pdf format)
Weekend retreat featuring classes, concerts, sessions and private tutorials for a variety of bellows-blown bagpipes, flute, fiddle, and mixed instruments.
This year, the Pipers Weekend offers 2-hour long classes at a variety of levels in Scottish smallpipes, border pipes, Northumbrian small pipes, Irish uilleann pipes, Irish fiddle, flute & whistle, bodran, bouzouki and piper-friendly repertoire for mixedinstruments in a variety of styles.
A Friday night round-robin (introductions,
show and tell, and open mike) is followed by sessions in 3 different
repertoires. Saturday night’s showcase concert is followed
by late night jams in the student center and local pubs.
Our 2017 Staff includes:
- Joey Abarta (uilleann pipes)
- Nathan Gourley (Irish fiddle)
- John Skelton (Irish flute)
- Dick Hensold (Northumbrian smallpipes)
- on Scottish smallpipes and borderpipes: Iain MacHarg, Hollis Easter, Nick Hudson and Bob Mitchell
- and hurdy-gurdy player Brian McCandless (repertoire)
Rental of high quality Border and Scottish Smallpipes provided by Nate Banton Bagpipes, Robert Felsburg and others may be available for a fee of $40 for the weekend. Advance reservation is needed as quantity is limited.