Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Shepherdstown is a scenic, historic town along the Potomac river, with lots of quaint shops, excellent restaurants, historic ambiance and rural atmosphere. It is less than an hour and a half drive from Washington or Baltimore and minutes away from I-81 and I-70 making traveling arrangements convenient for most students.
The area is steeped in history with much to see and do for family members not involved in the festival. Harpers Ferry and Antietam Battlefield National Historic Parks are very close by, as is the Appalachian Trail and the C &O canal. There are a number of very nice walks in the area and during most of our weekends we've built in a generous 2 hour lunch break to allow students a chance to sample some of the benefits the area provides.
Being back in Shepherdstown means…
- Lots of great restaurants… over 14 to choose from!
- Shopping and sightseeing for family members.
- College Facilities including:
- Reynolds Hall
- Frank Center for the Performing Arts
- Shepherd University Student Center
- Great Community Spaces
- War Memorial Building (aka Men's Club)
- Train Station
- O'Hurley's General Store
- And some great churches